Natural disasters such as the Tsunami difficult to predict. It’s good with a warning from the BMKG, we still have to be vigilant. Check out a few steps to save himself and family from the dangers of Tsunami, as quoted from emergencyzone.org.
1. Contact local security management office or Red Cross. Find out information on whether the zone where you live is a tsunami-prone area. Know also high street where you live, the higher land surface in the area, to estimate the distance between the sea / your position. Evacuation will be more mature if you already have done a rough calculation of the things mentioned earlier.
2. If the child was in school, find out the plan the evacuation of the school. Are you required to pick up the child or the school independently evacuate the whole school to another location. The route from school to home and vice versa could be hampered or stalled due to road closures.
3. Plan evacuation routes from home, school, workplace or other places away from the arrival of tsunami currents. Go into the plain as possible. Height of 30 meters above sea level and a distance of more than three kilometers from the coast is expected to be a safe distance. Make sure you can reach the plateau on foot within 15 minutes.
4. Make sure you have thought the route had been able to do at night in poor lighting or bad weather did not support the evacuation. In an emergency, clear thinking difficult to do so make sure the route was easily passed without much Roadblock / obstacles.
5. Discuss tsunami with your family conditions. Explain if they can be separated from each other at any time. Each family member should know the very first thing to do when they are separated, ie, save yourself first. With the discussion and preparation, worry and fear can be muted. In this case, find out your face the danger of flooding as a first step.
6. Prepare the first equipment to deal with natural disasters. Make sure there is mineral water for each member of the family to survive for at least three days, medicines to individual buoys. In an emergency, do not think too much about possessions, but focus on the lives that have been saved. If possible, you can still enter the securities in a plastic bag and wrap berklep under her.
7. If the tsunami had entered the zone near the city you live, closed many roads automated trash or waterlogged. Be prepared to use your legs through the existing obstacles in the way. Follow the evacuation routes that have been provided by the local authority (if any) to avoid a puddle that turned out holes in / ravine. Find out if your local firefighters have set up an evacuation area is considered safe and passable roads.
8. Follow the news channel portal is easily accessible via mobile phones, if the provider communication has been cut off, you should bring a portable radio to monitor the latest information on weather and complex disasters such as the tsunami caused fires to electrical surge.
Is the community you live in is ready with preventive measures and evacuation? Make sure you always stay connected with the management of the local rescue. However, collaborative rescue involving a lot of people will be more supportive than the private rescue effort.